Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski provides access for students with disabilities to the following University’s buildings:
- The premises of the Faculty of History, located in the Rectorate
- The premises of the Faculty of Slavic Studies, located in the Rectorate
- The premises of the Faculty of Philosophy, located in the Rectorate and in Block 4
- The premises of the Faculty of Education, located in the Rectorate
- The premises of the Faculty of Law, located in the Rectorate
- Faculty of Preschool and Primary School Education
- Faculty of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Faculty of Economics, located in Block 3
- Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics
- Faculty of Physics
- Faculty of Chemistry
- The premises of the Faculty of Geology and Geography, located in the Rectorate
- Department of Language Learning
University library “St. Kliment Ohridski” (located next to the Rectorate) offers adapted services for readers with disabilities. Library service is entirely focused on the information needs of users with disabilities and provides opportunity for their self-training and education.
The reading room for users with special needs offers a special reader place, equipped with a Braille printer and display, computer equipment and specialized software, which gives the opportunity to use variety of electronic resources.
Visually impaired users can make request and obtain in electronic format articles in periodicals and monographs, as well as up to 30 pages of books (the order should not exceed 1/3th of the edition’s volume). The service includes scanning of the requested text, OCR processing and editing, conversion of digitized materials in an appropriate format (.pdf, .doc or .txt), and electronic delivery of documents within a period specified by the user.
Readers with special needs can place requests via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.